I can’t remember that last time I didn’t drink coffee in the morning. It’s been a part of my life ever since I started sneaking coffee at church and mixing in Swiss Miss hot cocoa powder. It was the “cool” thing to do.
Since then I’ve stopped adding hot chocolate to my coffee and traded it out for a little wild honey and almond milk. Here is a recipe of my macro friendly morning coffee that is sure to get me moving in the morning!
To get you started off with making delicious cafe latte’s in the comfort of your own home, you’re going to need a good espresso maker. Or anything that will brew coffee will work just fine, but I love our espresso machine! We researched and chose to purchase the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso. We’ve really enjoyed it, I like that the possibilties of beans I can brew are up to me! Recently, we’ve been enjoying the Starbucks Reserve Hawaii blend, its light, sweet, and delicious.
Prep time: 5 minutes Yield: 1 serving.
- 8 oz Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 6 g Wild Honey
- 2 T Collagen
- 1 c Ice
- Add collagen and honey to a small amount of hot water to help them dissolve.
- Measure out 8 oz of Almond milk.
- Brew two shots of espresso into the dissolved collagen and honey mixture.
- Combine all ingredients and add ice.
- For a hot latte, steam the almond milk with honey and collagen, then add espresso shots.
Macros: 7C 3F 1P